The World Travel Awards are highly respected and well-renowned. The first awards were given in the year 1993. Since then, several resorts and hotels have competed for these awards. These awards recognise the best resorts and hotels in the world of tourism and are the most prestigious awards one can win in the industry.
The award for the “World’s Leading Destination” (awarded by the World Travel Awards) is one of the most treasured awards in the tourism industry. Receiving this award twice in a row has shown how well the tourism professionals in the Maldives have excelled in providing top-of-the-notch services for the guests.
The Maldives competed with 18 other luxury destinations such as Dubai, Spain, Greece, and Indonesia which are highly prominent among travel savvies. It is worth acknowledging that this is not the only award that the Maldives has bagged this year.
Specific examples of awards won by the Maldives are given below.
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa won the title of the “Leading Water Villa Resort”
- Hulhule’ Island Hotel was recognised as the “Leading Airport Resort”.
- JA Manafaru was titled as the “Leading Honeymoon Resort”
- Vakkaru Maldives won the title of the “Leading Luxury Honeymoon Resort”
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli resort was given the title of the “Leading Luxury Island Resort”
- Baros Maldives received the well-deserved title of being the “Leading Luxury Island Villa”
- Emerald Maldives Resort and Spa was given the title of being the “Leading Luxury Private Island Resort”
- Anantara Kihavah also received an award which recognised the services provided by their underwater restaurant. (“Leading Underwater Hotel Restaurant”).
- Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA) won the title of “Leading Seaplane Operator”.